Our project aims to empower consumers from migrant families: some of the services we offer include multilingual consulting, presentations, training sessions and information material in many languages. At our Infothek, we also answer important questions about everyday consumer life - in German, Polish and English. The project is funded by the Brandenburg Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Integration and Consumer Protection.
Training sessions for Multiplicators
Whether you are working with migrants or refugees on a full-time or voluntary basis, as the first point of contact you often need to deal with their questions. We provide information about frequent risks and give useful tips on consumer protection for refugees and migrants.
Presentations for migrants
Strengthening consumer competencies: to help migrants cope well with everyday consumer situations, we inform them about their rights and obligations as consumers. Important topics are explained in an accessible manner, in simple language or with interpreters. We would be happy to come to your location, whether you wish us to visit an integration course, family café or shared accommodation.
What is it about in terms of content?
Consumer protection for migrants:
- Rights and obligations arising from contracts
- Mobile phone contracts and bills
- Subscription traps and rip-offs on the internet
- Copyright and illegal downloads
- Accounts and credit cards
What are my rights and obligations when concluding a contract? What can I do if I inadvertently conclude a contract? You can avoid many cost traps and expensive contracts with helpful tips.
Saving on energy costs:
- Saving energy
- Concluding an electricity agreement
- Understanding bills for heating, electricity and gas
- Proper heating and ventilation
- Preventing mould
Your first home: we will help you get started in your new home and provide information on how to deal with energy, heating and ventilation.
Food and nutrition:
- Healthy and affordable nutrition for the entire family
- Nutrition for babies and children
- Kitchen hygiene and food storage
- Taking a close look at food products - what is on the label?
- Training for supermarket shopping
- Special diets: vegan, vegetarian, allergies