TV licence

The TV licence is payable per flat. It is levied by the ARD ZFD Deutschlandradio Beitragsservice, formerly GEZ. It doesn't matter whether you even have a television or radio that you can use to receive public service programs, or how many people share the flat. However, some can be exempt from paying the licence fee or at least only pay a reduced fee. This includes, for example, recipients of social benefits such as unemployment benefit II or basic subsistence income for the elderly, severely disabled persons as well as students, pupils and trainees who receive BAföG funding or vocational training allowance and no longer live with their parents.


Our experts can advise you on the following topics, for example:

  • Can I be exempt from paying the TV licence?
  • Can I get a discount on the TV license?
  • Do I have to pay a fee for my holiday flat /residence?

We offer advice:


In-person advice: EUR 0.00
Telephone advice: EUR 0.00*
E-mail advice (in German): click here for details

* For telephone advice, the prices are quoted for calls from the German fixed network. Mobile phone prices may vary.